Monday, January 18, 2016

Is Your Vision Visible?

Is Your Vision Visible?

In sharing my experience that I will discuss below, I was asked several times what is a vision board?  This is a definition that I found on google that describes it pretty well - “A vision board is a tool used to help clarify, concentrate and maintain focus on a specific life goal. Literally, a vision board is any sort of board on which you display images that represent whatever you want to be, do or have in your life.”

For the second year in a row, I spent a weekend afternoon with my three daughters (11, 13, 15) creating vision boards.  We gather lots of old magazines, poster boards, and craft supplies and set off.  The goal is to focus on the next year and your life beyond.  It is a great opportunity to see their creativity and the things that make them tick.  

In creating my own board, it was fun to reflect on last year’s board and see how many things had happened and to look at the things that hadn’t and determine if they were still of interest now.  Many things returned to my board that had been there before - presumably a good sign that I am relatively focused on my journey! 2016 looks like some new races with new distances, more focused goals related to work and honed in on time and adventures with family.  

For the girls, I heard of places that they would like to go, and what they want to do.  Some things were expected but some were surprising.  Vidcon, Comicon, hmmm....   It is fun to hear them share their experiences and see how their thought processes work.  It was fun to take time to reflect on their board from last year and to see what changes and modifications that they make.  

We are all on our own journeys.  Everyone has different plans.  One Day and One Step…
IMG_7128.jpg

1 comment: