Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Attitude of Gratitude

Happy Thanksgiving!  This is the season of gratitude.  Gratitude translates into a mindset and is a mindset that carriers much beyond Thanksgiving Day.

In taking on our day to day routines and our journeys toward small and large goals, one thing is a constant - you mindset has to be in a place to accept the challenge and to take the actions necessary to move forward.  Do you work on your mindset as much as you work on every other aspect of your daily life?

I do my best to follow a similar routine each morning.  One part of this routine is writing in a journal.  This is a place where I gather my thoughts and reflect on celebrations and things that I am grateful for.  I try to keep this time to focusing on positives and avoid addressing the obstacles that I have faced or am currently facing at this point in my day.  The positive allows me to kick the day off on the right foot and set my mindset to address the challenges that I may face throughout the day.  I find my day follows a much better path when I include this piece in my routine.  

Take the time this week to reflect on what you are grateful for.  There are many things big and small and each one of those has an important spot in our overall journey.  When you find yourself facing an obstacle - stop and remind yourself of one or more of these many items and press on with a new mindset.  Obstacles exist for a reason.  It has been reiterated to me from several directions over the past few weeks - reacting to and learning from the obstacles is a necessary part of the journey.  Set your mind to accept this.  

One Day!  One Step!

No comments:

Post a Comment