Friday, December 11, 2015

Time for Me


Welcome to the holiday season.  An extremely busy time of year.  With holiday events, school events (if you have kids), and normal day-to-day routines, things tend to get really crazy.  It is at times like this that it is most important to take time for yourself.  This will keep you focused, healthy and happy as you take on the hustle and bustle.  

People often ask me how I manage to get my workouts in amidst all of the other things going on.  The answer is stated perfectly by Dr. James Rouse - “It's all about priority and when you make the priority exercise you can always find the time.”  

We are all provided with the same 24 hours every day.  How we choose to fill the 24 hours  is up to us as individuals. We have much more control than many believe.  When writing down your task lists for the day - do you list your workout?  When prioritizing do you give it the weight it deserves?  My answer to these two questions is YES.  My workouts set my mindset for the rest of the day and generally yield more productivity than when I press on without them.  

There is no question that sacrifices are made in the process of choosing me.  I have learned that the things that I say NO to to allow my schedule to evolve are typically not items that were supporting my overall visions and goals.   Not everyone understands the choices that I make, but the important thing is that I do.  

I challenge you in the busiest time of the year to make yourself a priority.  It will help you embrace the chaos and leave the holiday without being defeated by it.  Make your health and happiness your gift to you.  


One Day...One Step.

No comments:

Post a Comment